BOH Dept. Head
Job OverviewDo you love food? Are you the designated cook of your friend group? Can you chop an onion without shedding a single tear? (not required to be hired) Are you a team player? If you’ve answered yes to at least one of these questions, we want to hear from you! Keep on reading to find out what it takes to land this supporting role with lots of “main character” energy.
- Ensures all materials and supplies are available.
- Sets up station according to established guidelines and requirements to ensure guest safety.
- Ensures that all foods are prepared according to established recipes and plating guidelines, including product quality and cook time standards.
- Coordinates food orders to ensure timely and efficient delivery to each table.
- Executes designated preparation and/or line stations without support under normal conditions.
- Meets special guest requests while providing the same quality standards.
- Maintains a clean appearance and workstation and assists in overall kitchen cleanliness, including cleaning all station equipment (flat tops, grills, storage drawers, etc.) at the end of each shift.
- Maintains safety standards while using knives and other food preparation equipment.
- Restocks and/or breaks down work station at the conclusion of the shift.
- Stocks all stations as directed and cleans/closes all stations as directed.
- Cross-trains on all line, prep, and dish stations and assists those co-workers when needed to meet guest satisfaction.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Maintains high level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.